This is the MIKROSUM
MIKROSUM is a 32+2ch active summing mixer with balanced DB25 inputs and XLR outputs, presented in a 1 unit of a rack height, and a depth of 220mm.
The advantages of the active analog summing, can be summarized as follows:
Better perception of the stereo field, crucial to obtain a coherent mix. An improvement of the LEFT-RIGHT , and FRONT/REAR perception, facilitating the placement of the instruments in the stereo field. You can almost "touch" the player will be there ahead!
In that sense, due to the wide bandwidth of the internal audio circuitry, (approx 100kHz) by analogy this can be compared to a large water pipe, mixes will have "headroom" to spare to accommodate all groups or " stems " of your mixes. Your mixes will " breathe " or have more "space around".
L channel 100kHz, R channel 100kHz. If we have 4 "stems", each stem has a bandwidth of 100/4 or 100/5 = 25kHz or 20kHz !
- 32 BALANCED INPUT CHANNELS IN DB25 FORMAT.
- 2 BALANCED 1/4 JACK INPUT CHANNELS FOR EXPANSION.
- 2 XLR OUTPUTS FOR MIX OUTPUT.
- 2 XLR OUTPUTS FOR MONITOR OUT INTO AN EXTERNAL MONITOR CONTROLLER.
- BALANCED INSERT SND-RETURN FOR MASTER OUTPUT PROCESSING.
- SWITCHABLE BLEND CIRCUIT WITH WET/DRY CONTROL OF THE MASTER INSERT.
- SWITCHABLE OUTPUT LUNDAHL LL2811 TRANSFORMER/LINE DRIVER FOR YOUR CHOICE.
- 1MM THICK GAVANIZED STEEL CHASSIS.
- 1.6MM 2 LAYER PCB WITH GROUND PLANE.
- HIGH QUALITY OPAMPS AND DRIVERS FROM TEXAS INSTRUMENTS.
- TOP QUALITY LUNDAHL LL2811 TRASNFORMERS.
- VERY LOW NOISE LINEAR PSU. WITH 30VA TOROIDAL TRANSFORMER.
- IEC AC INPUT FILTER WITH TWO FUSES FOR LIVE AND NEUTRAL.
- THRU HOLE 1% METAL FILM RESITORS.
- SMD MINIMELF 0204 1% METAL FILM RESISTORS.
- SMD COG/NPO CAPACITORS AND MURATA FERRITES.
- RFI FILTERED INPUTS AND OUTPUTS FOR MOBILE PHONES RADIATION IMMUNITY
FRONT PANEL DETAILS
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
15mm diameter blend fader + blend switch in/out + green led indicator of active blend.
OUTPUT TYPE SWITCH SELECTOR:
By default the output type is line driver, indicated with its led on. (switch out).Pushing the switch in, activates the transformer output and its corresponding led indicator.
BIG OUTPUT FADER VOLUME KNOB
A 28mm diameter knob adjusts the output volume.
The fader amplifier can give 10db of gain. To this gain should be added the 6 db of the line driver output and the driver circuit of the transformers.
As the mix and monitor xlr connectors are linked, the monitor level should be adjusted with an external monitor controller.
REAR PANEL DETAILS
FROM LEFT TO RIGHT:
LABEL WITH SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS AND DESCRIPTION OF XLR CONNECTORS
THE SEND JACKS WORK ALSO AS DIRECT SUM OUTPUTS (BALANCED OUTPUTS).
THE INSIDE JOB...
2 tracks where we test summing with 16 inputs of MIKROSUM. One track with transformer output and the other with electronic balanced line driver.